Re: [Evolution] Jump to unread/new messages

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 11:36 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 19:06 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

FWIW ... again, this is probably easier to do than it used to be (all
that redesign has more benefits than just fewer bugs).  Well you know,
depending on your definition of easy.  Not all the internal api's
needed are available, but at least it is all internal to the mailer,
so the task isn't that hard, and the api's can be added.

A key-combo like Tab/Shift-Tab that toggled you *directly* between
the folder list and the email list would be super handy in this
regard.

No kidding.  I wish focus went automatically to the email list under
certain conditions: going to next/previous unread message, opening a
message, etc.  I can't tell you how many times I've hit "Home" only to
jump to the (never-used) "On This Computer" thingy in the folder list,
rather than to the top of the message list like I wanted.

Shift-Tab to get back to the folder tab would be intuitive as well.

Actually, I think a simple combo like this would be very useful:

Ctrl-Alt-1: Folder List
Ctrl-Alt-2: Email List
Ctrl-Alt-3: Preview Pane

Speaking of keyboard shortcuts... is there one to get to the search bar?
Hmmm... I guess _Clear works... if you want to clear what's there.

I kind of gave up on using the keyboard for navigation and control when
I left Windows.  That's one of the things Windows does well: Keeping
one's hand off the mouse.  But Gnome's getting better, slowly... now, if
only you could answer a yes/no dialog with "Y" or "N".

Eric

--
This message was created in a Microsoft-free computing environment.