[Evolution] Ximian Connector Configuration [Was Re: [Evolution] Red-Carpet/XD2/conflict with Existing Gnome Desktop?]

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 15:16, Mark Gordon wrote:
On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 14:50 -0700, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
I've just Dl'ed the needed stuffs and did a rpm -Uvh evo-1.4.6
libgtkhtml gtkhtml --test and it didn't complain about anything.

But.. Here's the catch, can I rollback In case something screws up??

You still have the Nyquist rpms around?

Just checking before I commit.. :)

PS  : Thanks for the hand holding.

np

PS2 : Is Ximian Connector available yet?? Do you know? I check this
morning and it's still not available.. (well, that's not true, it is but
I see and I think it's still the non-gpl version)
YAY!! I just took the plunge and seems like everything's working (cross my fingers)
using red-carpet, it installed everything as necessary.

However, on setting up the exchange server, few things (& Some Solutions)

1. The below crops up
Error while 'Scanning folders in "Exchange server my.exchange.server.com"':
Could not connect to Evolution Exchange backend process: No such file or directory
During setup, In the receiving mail Configuration : I'm asked for my
exchange server .. So I type in my.exchange.server.com (or should I put
in http://my.exchange.server.com or
http://my.exchange.server.com/exchange)

All of those are actually the OWA, and not the actual Exchange server.
So.. instead of that, once I put in my-actual.exchange.server.com then
things finally got rolling!!!

WHEE!! I think perhaps the page at support.ximian.com could have stated
it a bit better, esp for ppl like me who don't really know what they're
doing :)

2.
How do I set up the Global Address List? (I think this is the most
important item for me. Right now, I'm moving to and from OWA just to get
email addresses) :(

Or Is it that I really have to bug my Exchange Admin for that address??

YAY!! (in a sense anyway)