RE: [Evolution] Problems sending smtp mail in Evo 1.4.5 and 1.5.0

Ugh that shouldn't ever have a null there.  Thats a bug somewher.e

But you need to set your hostname properly anyway, in redhat thats in:

[notzed lostzed notzed]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/network
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=lostzed.mmc.com.au
GATEWAY=192.168.0.1

and then resart, or do 'hostname foo.bar.baz' as root.