Re: [Evolution] Exporting Contacts

Sorry for getting back *that* late...

I need to get a copy of my Evolution contacts exported to Outlook.

Again someone asking us how to import to *Outlook*. Seems like Micros~1
does not use standards and has no support either...

Someone on this list suggested saving them as a .vcf file I have tried
this but Outlook will not read them in. It sees the first contact and
imports it but ignores the rest.

Well, seems to be your lucky day...

[If it isn't too late already. Archives will be glad about this anyway.]

AFAIK this is an Outlook issue, as Outlook does not recognize any vCards
after the first one. However, I have already written a script to split
that vCard list into single vCard files only holding one Contact per
file and thus making Outlook happy.

I have tested the script on my local data and it did work for Outlook
2002, IIRC. Use it at your *own* *risk*, though.

[In fact, I even could just copy-n-paste my response. :)]

$ vcf-split.pl list.vcf

will split list.vcf into separate .vcf files. Be sure to have *no* other
files (beside the script and the list) in that directory, cause files
will be created without further checking! Overwriting does not generate
a warning. Of course you can/should have a look at the script yourself.

It uses the X-EVOLUTION-FILE-AS as unique file name (should be
reasonably unique for this purpose) and uses a number for vCards without
names.

Hopefully you can import all those .vcf files at once by marking them
all -- don't know. I hope, that gets you working...

Any suggestions as to how to get
contacts from Evolution to Outlook would be appreciated.

*sigh* Sure, this is open source. ;-)

...guenther