Re: [Evolution] SMTP and POP proxy

man, 29.03.2004 kl. 16.25 skrev Jeffrey Stedfast:

You can't. Evolution itself does not support smtp/pop/imap/etc proxies.
You'll have to preload the socks libraries.

`socks5 evolution`

or whatever the socks client program is called.

You *have* to be kidding? There was, 1,000 years ago, one hell of a good
Hummingbird socks client for Win32 for the Unix/Linux NEC socks5
reference daemon, running at the border. But I've never heard of Gnome
*n?x clients doing smtp over some cracked Win32 socks5 daemon (o.k., so
standard socks4 clients work).

Anyway, my network installations would never even try to work like that
*shrug*

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl