Re: [Evolution] Welcome response error: Interrupted system call

ons, 03.03.2004 kl. 16.47 skrev Henry Meyerding:

After some experimentation, I found that if I changed the main send
option from SMTP to Sendmail, it worked -
although I am running postfix and not sendmail.  When it was set to
SMTP, it would remain on the "sending" dialog
forever, or until I pressed "cancel" at which point it displayed the
error message mentioned.

Any suggestions as to why this should be so?

Just a remark: Postfix can be many things. By using the sendmail binary,
you are cutting yourself off from many possibilities offered by
Postfix/smtp. I have none of your problems with Postfix
2.0.18-20040205/TLS/SASL.

I'm mailadmin on this site, and all my users have to smtp AUTH to relay.
Many can only use AUTH plain or login (think MS clients), so everyone is
forced to use TLS (encrypted traffic). Evo copes fine with this.

In a week or so, Postfix 2.1 will be released - this will be the latest,
stable version. I'd suggest an upgrade.

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl