RE: [Evolution] show next message

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 11:39 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Not Zed [mailto:notzed ximian com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 10:47 AM
To: Ow Mun Heng
Cc: evolution lists ximian com
Subject: RE: [Evolution] show next message

The source is in gnome cvs, see developer.ximian.com and/or developer.
gnome.org for more info.  1.5 (pre 2.0) snapshots are also
available on
red-carpet in the right channel.

Yeah.. Found That.. Then I went into my own (laptop's) evolution
xml files and edited a couple of lines in
evolution-mail-message.xml (per one of the example patches I found
in bugzilla)

and put in shortcut keys for Action->GoTo->Next Message/Previous message

I just put in "O" and "P" for it. I noticed that "." and "," were also
used for Next Unread and Previous Unread, but not advertised as valid
shortcuts in the Action->GoTo menu.

How come so many keybindings to one shortcut??

We originally had , and ., but all the shortcuts need to have
qualifiers, so we added ctrl-[ and ].  We kept the others for those who
like the original keystrokes.

I'm Ok with the "O" and "P" right now. But that means
Preview Pane must be on.. Oh well... Can't have the best of both worlds.

It might also do weird shit when you try to do a search with a word with
o or p in it :)

(but in Open Source, @ least I can try.. Try changing anything in Outlook"!)

BTW, what about collapsing all Threads by default? (Ctrl-T) Threaded
display will on default expand _all_ threads. a bit _bad_ IMHO..

Having them expanded makes them a lot easier to scan with a mouse.
I think its supposed to remember the state once you change them though.