[Evolution] Mark Read/Delete oddity

Yesterday, all of a sudden, I noticed that Evolution 1.5 was acting a
little strangely. It seems that I have to read an e-mail twice to have
it marked read, and delete it twice to have it marked as deleted.  I
checked and the mail preferences are still set to mark mail as read
after 0.5 seconds.

If I navigate through unread email it is no longer being marked as read.
This seems to happen whether I click on the e-mail, or use one of the
navigation keys or icons, or delete an e-mail.

For example, I'm looking at an e-mail, type ] to go to the next unread,
and although it does go to the next unread message the message doesn't
get marked as read. I have to either explicitly mark the message as read
(ctrl-K) OR select another message and then re-select the message in
question (either directly with the mouse, or by selecting a message
above it in the list and navigating to next-unread) and THEN it gets
marked as read.

And if I delete a message, the next message gets displayed, but the
message which was selected doesn't get marked as deleted, unless I
reselect it and delete it again.

It's almost like all of a sudden, the read and deleted status look like
they are counters which used to be set to 0 and are now set to -1.

I hadn't updated my install of 1.5 in a while so I loaded the latest
version as of yesterday via red carpet (1.5.90.0.200407191830-
0.snap.ximian) and the behavior is the same.

Could this be something in my configuration? Has anyone else seen this?
Should I open a bug?