Re: [Evolution] Evolution Constantly Crashing

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 10:32 -0800, Glen Baker wrote:
Lately Evo has started crashing (seg fault) with disturbing regularity.
It used to be rock solid, but now it's crashing on my several times a
day.

Is there some way that I can get better debugging info so that I can
provide a decent bug report? Right now I can get the stack trace, but it
doesn't look all that useful...

..glen

My first advice would be to try submitting the stack trace (through
bugzilla), regardless of whether the stack trace looks useless.  In
cases of memory corruption, especially if a case can be found in which
it can be reproduced easily, valgrind can be useful.  It's generally not
practical to run Evolution under valgrind for everyday use, though.

-Mark Gordon