Re: [Evolution] Attaching emails invalidates PGP signature

On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 22:45 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 11:12 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

> > The problem is "how does Evolution know to scan thru all the emails
> > on your system, and know exactly which attachments to convert from
> > application/octet-stream to message/rfc822?"
> >
> > I don't think they can.
> But that isn't how drag and dropped messages work when dragged
> internally.  It sends them as uids+folders in 1.5.something+, so they
> can't be anything but the right type.
>
> They have to be encoded right at the sending end to start with if
> they're ever to be recognised later.

I thought that was what the bug was.

When I ran 1.5.9.1, a drag-n-dropped email was attached as
application/octet-stream.

When I upgraded to 1.5.91 and tried again, a drag-n-dropped email
was attached as message/rfc822.

It was fixed after 1.5.9 sometime.
 Do you rely on the pattern of the name of the attachment to notice
that it is a uids+folder, instead of the mimetype?  If so, there
is still a bug, because Evo 1.5.91 looks at that application/octet-
stream attachment, and will only let me Save As.
No no, its only in the drag and drop. As the last statement said above the mime type MUST be set at the sending end, we never try to guess it at the recieving end.  It was a sending bug earlier in the 1.5 series.
--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"born to die, live to work, it's all downhill from here"