Re: [Evolution] Selecting multiple messages buggy

Mabe things changed in the WindowsXP version of Outlook then, because we copied the selection semantics directly out of Outlook back in 2000.

Jeff

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 15:26 +0100, D. D. Brierton wrote:
On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 16:26, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

> Naaah ... *nothing* utility from no-one works like that - or you detail
> which one.

That's not correct. This is definitely how Windows XP works -- I just
checked. In Windows explorer, switch the view to list mode, and you can
select multiple discontinuous groups of files just as Andrew descrived:
click to select the first, shift-click to select the end of the first
group, control-click to select the beginning of the next group,
shift-control-click to select the end of that group and so on.

> As soon as you choose <shift-point> that's for good and all.
> You want to add more to the list? You use <ctrl-point>, one by one.
>
> That's how it works, or you get the OS changed. Even Windows works that
> way ...

No, it doesn't.

Best, Darren