Re: [Evolution] LDAP

tor, 22.04.2004 kl. 23.31 skrev Ron Johnson:

What are the benefits of installing the evolutionperson schema into
openldap?

I added it to my ldap server and manually inserted a vcard with a
birthday, which shows up fine in evolution, but it is not editable.
Could I be using an old evolutionperson schema or is the use of the
schema deprecated?

Should Evo automatically create this on the LDAP server?

No.

Or should it be documented somewhere?

Use of schemas is documented in the Openldap System Administrator's
guide at www.openldap.org. Quite another thing is, that the Openldap
version supplied with some distros (f.ex. my RedHat RHEL3) is way out of
date. Also, the recommended RedHat update, 2.1.22 is buggy and unstable.
The latest stable version is 2.1.30.

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl