Re: [Evolution] Project Management with Evolution

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 18:57, Jesse Pretorius wrote:
I'm now thinking that a small extension could be made to task management
to make it show up in the calendar (along with appointments) like a
Gantt chart.

You could make your tasks show up in the calendar by creating a new
calendar backend, along the lines of the Birthdays & Anniversaries
backend, that pulled data from your tasks folders rather than your
contacts folders.

(And the same could also be done to pull data from Planner [the GNOME
project management tool formerly known as mrproject] into your
calendar.)

Perhaps we should eliminate the 'tasks' idea as it now is

I don't think we'd want to do that without adding a Notes component so
people still have a place to put open-ended tasks.

-- Dan