Re: [Evolution] How to backup regularly

Am So, den 04.04.2004 schrieb Vinh Phuc Dinh um 15:25:
Hello everyone,
I'm pretty new in linux/evolution. I'd like to have evolution backup all
my data every month.
Is that somehow possible?

hi vinh,

you could set up a cron job which does that for you regularly...

to backup, you should first of all run "evolution --force-shutdown" to
stop all processes running in background (if you use evolution1.4), if
you use evolution1.2 you should run "killev" instead.

then you can create a compressed tar.gz-file by executing
"tar cfz FILENAME.tar.gz /home/user/evolution/*"
(adjust the location of your evolution data if necessary)
this will create the file FILENAME.tar.gz.

to uncompress, execute "tar xfz FILENAME.tar.gz"

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!