Re: [Evolution] All messages marked as unread at startup

either your imap folders are READ-ONLY or there is a bug in your imap
server where it isn't storing the flags. (or there is some unknown bug
in 1.0.8 that for some reason isn't sending the server flag updates?).

I suggest upgrading just to make sure it's not some unknown bug in 1.0.8
(which I don't think it is, but can't be 100% sure).

if after upgrading you still have the same problem, then it is most
likely one of the first 2 possibilities.

Jeff