Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.4.4 performance on KDE 3.1

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 00:52, Frederic Crozat wrote:

It is not needed because we are not screwing GTK configuration when
people are using KDE.. Moreover, our default GTK/QT theme engine
(galaxy) is a real GTK engine, not a ugly pixmap one..

If you choose Galaxy as KDE theme, the same one will be used in GTK
apps. If you are choosing a different one, it won't be used by default
(IIRC).. In any case, you can disable this behaviour by disabling "use
same color in non-KDE applications" in KDE control center.

I don't use KDE at all...might use Konq for some things here and there,
but I'm grooved into XFCE4 - which, from what I understand is GTK
through and through...now, I have changed "themes" and set it to "Orb"
which, yah, uses a few pixmaps, but is faster than some of the
others...but still getting a bit of a lag...and since this thread
started, I moved from a Duron 1.2ghz to an Athlon2000XP at 1.667ghz,
chucked in some more DDR so I'm at 896mb...things are moving slightly
faster, but still having a few issues...

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
Moe: Wanna play poker tonight? Joe: I can't. It's the kids' night out.
Moe: So? Joe: I gotta stay home with the nurse.