Re: [Evolution] Spamassassin and evolution setup

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 21:18, David Clack wrote:
 Everything is stable, I do find the spamassassin to be slow though.

Agreed, but then it's in Perl...  I use spamprobe instead, and while I
still see a pause between the sound for new mail and it arriving in my
Inbox, it seems to perform faster.  It's in C++, and I've no idea if
it's letting through more spam or less, as I've not done that kind of
testing.  But I've got a spam filter (BrightMail) up line at work
already, and then put spamprobe in place to filter what that misses.
And then send those caught back up to BrightMail's system to have their
rules changed to catch those, too.  So what gets through is "new" mostly
anyway...  I say "mostly" as I'm not sure what difference me sending my
spams back really makes - it seems to cause a reduction in my spam, so I
*think* it's worth it.  And I see a 90-95% success rate on catching
spam, with only 2 false positives so far to date (both from companies
trying to sell me stuff, but I'd subscribed to them and not white-listed
them, as I can't see how with spamprobe - it's a pure and simple
Bayesian filter.)

Ta,
--
o o                                       mailto:Moredhel earthling net
/v\ark R. Bowyer  http://www.bowyer.screaming.net   Mark Bowyer Sun COM