[Evolution] Debian sarge upgrade path?

I have over 20,000 mails in Evolution. What's the safest way to upgrade
to a new version on a Debian/sarge system? The version presently in
sarge is the horribly outdated 1.05, whereas unstable has version 1.45.

Provided the unstable packages ever make it into sarge, is there a safe
email conversion path from 1.05 to 1.45 (provided there were any changes
in the format, index etc.)? Would it be safe for me to install the 1.45
packages through pinning?

(The primary reason I want to update is that 1.05 has, IIRC, several
security issues.)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Erik
--
Scientific Reviewer, Freelancer, Humanist -- Berlin / Germany
Phone: +49 (0)30 45491008 -- Web: http://www.humanist.de/erik

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall,
one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."
  --Edmund Burke, 'Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents'