Re: [Evolution] Failed to send: relaying denied

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 15:31, Carr Wilkerson wrote:
When trying to send email with evolution, I am getting the following
message. I'm not sure what I could have done to cause this, but it was
working fine previously.

-----------------------------------
Error while performing operation:
RCPT TP <email address here> failed: <email address here>... Relaying
denied. Proper authentication required.
-----------------------------------

where email address here is the 'TO' email address of the recipient.
The message is not sent. Any clue?

Looks like you SMTP server requires authentication. Check the 'server
requires authentication' box in the 'Sending Mail' dialog and enter your
login and password at the bottom of the dialog.

OR

Use a SMTP server that relays mail for you withoit authentication. ISP
usually let you send mail when you use their server from inside their
IP-range.

BB
--
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
- Steven Wright