Re: [Evolution] Evolution unstable revisited - The calendar folder

I can open evolution and retrieve and send mail successfully.  I can
access the contacts folder.  I have no problems, UNTIL, I visit the
calendar folder.  Once I visit the calendar folder the application will
hang, within a short period of time.  I will hang even if I lock the
screen and do nothing.

Can you create a bug report on bugzilla.ximian.com and include a
backtrace of when it hangs?  Run evolution in gdb and ctrl-c 'thread
apply bt all' when it hangs.

Once I visit the calendar folder it will hang on exit EVERY TIME, even
if I am no longer in the calendar folder when I exit.  If I go to the
calendar folder and exit, Then run it again and try to exit immediately,
it hangs.

Might also be worth doing it for this case too, same as above.

If you have enough cpu power and memory, perhaps trying to generate a
valgrind log might also be of use, but then again it might not :).  Use
--num-callers=12 --alignment=8 --error-limit=no arguments to it.

I have tried removing and reinstalling Evolution, this made no
difference.

Now then, does anyone believe in gremlins?  Since I started having
trouble with Evo, I have noticed that Red-Carpet is also acting
strangely.  I don't know if this started at the same time or not, but
Red-Carpet now crashes if I click on any of the tabs (Available
Software, Installed Software, Etc.).

Yeah I get the same issue too with redcarpet :-/

Although I dont use the calendar much, the few times i've used it
lately, i've had no issues.