Re: [Evolution] No killev or oaf-slay in evolution 1.4 / Gnome 2?

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 13:40, Dan Winship wrote:
> Have the killev and oaf-slay utilities been dispensed with in the latest
> evolution 1.4?

oaf-slay isn't part of evolution, it was part of the GNOME 1.4
environment. The corresponding utility in GNOME 2.0 is "bonobo-slay",
but that will also kill the panel and lots of other GNOME 2 apps, so you
never ever want to run it unless Evolution is the only GNOME 2 app you
use.

"killev" is now "evolution --force-shutdown".

-- Dan

Dan,

Thanks for the clarification.  Interestingly, I tried the --force-shutdown switch, and it does indeed shut down the background processes, but it leaves the evolution GUI running!

This remnant seems useless, though, as all the background stuff needed to make it useful is gone - it just pops up failure dialogs.  Local folders etc, still seem to work, but I use connector to get to an exchange server.

Why doesn't the force-shutdown option kill everything?  Is this a policy decision, or should I bugzilla it?

Paul