Re: [Evolution] Evolution Tasks

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 12:39, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 12:44, Leonard wrote:
Hi all,

I've done a bit of searching, but cannot fot the life of me find any
information on how to assign tasks to other users.

When creating or viewing a task in Evo. there is an 'Assign Task' option
in the Action menu, but I it never seems to be enabled. Does anyone else
have this problem, or is it just me?

System: RH9, Evolution 1.4.0 with Connector

hmm, that only happens for read-only connector folders. Is that the
case?

cheers

Well,

The behaviour is only evident for tasks in task folders under my Exchange account. They are most definitely
not read-only though.

The earlier reply from Dan ("because we don't support Outlook-style task assignment") sort of answered my
question, but left me with a few questions...

Why on earth does Evo. not support tasks? This is the one feature which would allow most users to move to Evo
without having to run yet another app to fill in the holes.

I'm sure I'm not alone on this issue. Are there any plans by Ximian to add this feature in the future?

Leonard