RE: [Evolution] VFolders for Ximian mailing lists

I haven't seen this appear on the list, nor has it bounced, so I am
reposting it.  This will therefore NOT thread :-(, as I do not have the
original message to reply to:

guenther wrote:
This may be a FAQ, or well known among the community, but it caused
me some grief, until I hit on the cause of the problem.

VFolders on Ximina mailing lists, seem to include almost every other
mail, I cannot be ar*ed chasing down details.  But:

If I create a mailing list VFolder for *say* [contains]
[lists.ximian.com], things go haywire massively.  Don't know if it
occurs with any other version.  Headers will give details, if anyone
needs them.

Sure we need. What exactly were the VFolder settings that did not
work?

See later.

Just tried the easy way and it works for me:

- Right click on a message sent to you from the mailing list (for
example this message, be sure to not use the mail directly sent to
you)
- Create Rule From Message
  VFolder on Mailing List (evolution lists ximian com)

Right.  Now because I am subscribed to the users list as well,
and I want all ximian list email in one VFolder, I edit the rule to
read 'contains lists.ximian.com' or 'ximian.com'

This puts all kinds of emails in the VFolder.  Other mailing lists
I have edited are not treated this way.

Just confirm the already entered settings and adjust the vFolder
Sources if needed.

...guenther

Hope this makes things clearer.

Cheers