Re: [Evolution] Authentication Rejected

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 15:21, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 23:07, Zeno Davatz wrote:
Hi List

I installed evolution 1.3.92 done make and make install.

Configure gave me:

       Mail Directory:   /var/mail, writable by group mail
       LDAP support:     no
       Pilot conduits:   yes
       Kerberos 4/5:     no/no
       SSL support:      no
       IPv6 support:     no
       Dot Locking:      yes
       File Locking:     fcntl
       Gtk-doc:          yes

       Programming documentation files will be built automatically.

Now when I try to start evolution I get:
(evolution:8200): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
(Killing old version of Wombat...)

Any hints?

Thanks for your time and help.
Zeno

Are you actually inside a window manager or desktop whilst this occurs?
Because that particular error generally means that you're not in
XWindows...

no, it means there is no session manager running. This could happen on a
minimal X11 setup. It's not a problem really, if there is no session
manager, it can't connect to it, and then it won't get any session
oriented event, such as "save_yourself", "die".

Or maybe it means you are running evolution with a user other than the
one running the session manager.

But evolution can run without the session manager fine.

cheers