Re: [Evolution] Evolution Default Browser

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 12:04, Itzchak Rehberg wrote:
1) people may want to use different settings for Evolution alone

Why?  I don't think that's a common enough case to be worth the hassle.

2) people may not be able to use all the settings from Gnome(2) CC

The latter especially applies to those using Evo with KDE3. They a) had
to install Gnome2 CC just for some little changes for Evo, and sometimes
those changes don't even work (see previous postings from me concerning
font problems).

Yeah, in this case it looks like a desktop integration issue to me.
GNOME apps and KDE apps should just be sharing the same set of font
settings...  Actually I thought at this point they already did, through
the XSETTINGS stuff?

        http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/xsettings-spec/

(I didn't actually read all your posts, I have been drowning in mail for
a couple weeks...  Sorry if I am missing the point.  :-))

-- Ettore