Re: [Evolution] search through all subfolders

I just gave the vfolders a look, seems to be able to do the trick, more or less.

In case I add a folder to my tree, it seems that I will have to add it manually again to the vfolder of the same category to search through that one as well. I can't say "local folder <scraps> with all subfolders of that one" (where <scraps> is a second level subfolder of my inbox).

Besides that I don't feel like adding a few dozen folders (yes, that subfolder has so many) manually through that poor GUI provided for the subfolders. I have to scroll and scroll and scroll all the time to find the one I need to add! And then be careful I don't miss one... no it's really a good solution. More a workaround.

Wouter.

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 22:22, guenther wrote:
> One of the functions I miss very much in Evolution is a global search
> function. You can only search through e-mail within a specific folder.
> Now I keep my e-mail in a few dozen folders, sorted out per region and
> then per company I am talking to. Now the problem is I remember I have
> received an offer of some material, but do not remember which company.
> This makes it really really hard to find that mail again!
>
> Any way to search through all (or a group of) folders, just like
> Outlook can do?

Have you tried the vFolders?

You can define vFolders for every region, for all customers at once or
simply a vFolder for all local and/or remote folders. That should cover
all your mails.

Then, simply use the search function on that vFolder. HTH

...guenther
--
Wouter van Marle <wouter squirrel-systems com>
Squirrel Systems HK