Re: [Evolution] Calendar chokes on dates before the Unix epoch

At 2003-01-28T23:08:39Z, Mark Gordon <mtgordon ximian com> writes:

I can't get the calendar to go back before the epoch, so I believe you.

I hadn't specifically gone back.  Rather, I created an event that occurred
before that date (specifically: my mom's birthday), and Evolution wrapped it
around to 2002-12-31.  I assume the relevant function is something like:

    if (!date_is_sane)
    {
        set_effective_date(12, 31, current_year);
    }

The reason I found this is that I had originally entered all such events on
my Palm, then synched it with Evolution.  It was convenient for birthdays
and anniversaries because tapping on a repeat event popped up a little line
of text telling how many times the event had been repeated.  For example, if
I made an event for my birthday (1971-10-03), and I tapped on that event, it
would say "31 occurrences" or something similar.  I could probably work
around the problem by assigning all dates a more recent value, but that just
seems sort of inelegant (not to mention inconvenient, since it would mess up
all of the entries in my Palm).
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.