Re: [Evolution] Trash not emptied on exit.

On Sat, 2003-01-11 at 17:35, Dwight Tovey wrote:
I figure this is probably related to evolution using a Vfolder for trash
instead of a real folder, but before that happens is there any way to
get evolution to do an expunge in all subscribed folders?

The trash vfolder is practically useless, IMHO. When moving a message
between folders, a deleted message gets left behind in the trash folder.
These can't be expunged without emptying the whole trash folder. I'm
receiving just a few mailing lists and the signal-to-noise ratio in my
trash folders is below 5%.

I'd much rather see a real folder used for trash, containing only emails
explicitly deleted by the user. Compacting other folders could be done
automatically and hidden from the user, rather than forcing the user to
manually expunge them every few days. This is one of my biggest
complaints with evolution.

        MikaL