[Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] SIGSEGV on setting label - gdb output and analysis

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 20:30, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
What I'm saying is that EThread.server_port's queue is not modified
outside of a EThread.mutex and so it is all safe. If that wasn't the
case, I would agree with you - then there would be a poblem, but as far
as I can tell, EThread.mutex is always in a locked state when
EThread.serverport.queue is modified in any way.

Ok, I see what you mean. Only the server's EThread handle is known to
clients.

if you can find evidence to the contrary, please point it out.

Well, e_thread_destroy() empties the server_port message queue without
acquiring EThread.lock. Conceivably there could be a race there. I
sincerily hope it's not "just" random memory corruption. ;-)

        MikaL