[Evolution] time anomaly

I'm in time zone UTC +1 (CET), the time is 09:30 CET; I'm in the
Netherlands.

Your mail to the list is shown in the mail headers, which take the time
from your machine, as having been sent at Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:10:58
+0000 (UTC) which is strange, since the IP network sending it begins
with 203. which puts you in the Asia/Australia/New Zealand region.

yep the header should have mentioned hotmail.com, either it or yahoo do not have a utc+13hrs option in the mail settings.

mandrake uses /etc/sysconfig/clock, with the hardware clock set to local time it is configured;

ARC=false
UTC=false
ZONE=Pacific/Auckland

and UTC=true when the hardware clock is set to utc

even when the message displays the correct time in the header, the "date" column displays it incorrectly so there's a anomaly within...

cheers