[Evolution] SpamAssassin 2.60 & Ximian Evolution 1.4]

I've cross-posted this to the SAtalk list but I think my best best for a
hit is here:

I've tried everything I can think of to get the Evolution (1.4) mail
client to use SpamAssassin (2.60) as a filter for spam mail but have come up MT.
The Evo FAQ states that "Use Specific Headers" and "X-Spam-Flag" (Yes)
will work but it doesn't.  Neither does any other "X-*" header value of
the many I've tried.  Also, "Pipe to a Shell Command" with a direct call
to spamc (or to spamassassin itself) does not work.  I've even tried
piping to procmail but that doesn't work either. By that I mean that Evo
simply ignores the filter and puts all the email in the Inbox.

I've scoured all the docs and FAQs I've been able to find with no luck.

I'm hoping that there is someone on the list who has used an SA filter
with Evo who will point me in the right direction (or tell me to just
give up).  I'm running RH 9.0

Thanks