Re: [Evolution] AUTH LOGIN not working

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 12:04, Oscar A. Valdez wrote:
[snip]

it seems that your SMTP server mis-implements the SMTP AUTH extension.
According to the specification, after a client successfully
authenticates, it MUST re-EHLO if it plans to use any of the extensions
(which we do).

You should complain to your ISP to get their software fixed.

Thank you for your response. I believe you are referring to RFC 2554,
#4:

yes, that would be what I was referring to (just didn't have the rfc
handy) :-)

[snip]

I will inform my ISP about this situation, but I think most of the
burden on how to fix it will fall on me (after all, 99.999% of their
customers must be using Outlook Express). Do you have any pointers on
how they should reconfigure their server?

unfortunately I don't :-(

Jeff