Re: [Evolution] Re: Netscape as default browser (was: Re: [Evolution]ImproperMozillastart aft

Hey, that's legitimate. As long as it works, the resolution is very
fine. :)

I was just curious. The substitution of netscape for mozilla was
mentioned by me -- but there was an additional '='. That was the reason
why I asked: Where did you get that from?

I think it was a combination of both of your scripts.  I used your
"mozilla-remote.sh" script before I got up the courage to post to the list.

Yep, seems reasonable -- there is that '=' char I wondered about. ;)

(I haven't been on Linux long, but long enough to know that, there are very
few people as helpful as you.  Even though, you learn the correct way to ask
a question, Google yourself almost to death, look at the man pages, search
forum & list archives, it's rare to get an answer to a specific question
that is asked if it is answered at all.)

*blush*  Thanks Celsun. :-)

But basically I cannot confirm your experience with mailing lists. Being
on quite a couple of mailing lists for years, my experiences are rather
good.

People (willingly subscribed to those lists) are often helpful and
informative -- as long as they know the answer and the asker follows
some basic netiquette rules (being polite and giving detailed info about
the issue).

I hope, your experiences with mailing lists (the community in general)
will be better.

Getting back to answering your
question.  Your reply to my post had your script for the mozilla binary,
which is what I'm running now for netscape.  Your script is my VERY FIRST
:-)  You mentioned there are disadvantages of calling the mozilla binary
directly. Out of curiosity, what are they?

Oh, dang -- I am not quite sure any more. IIRC I plainly disliked some
additional error messages being printed and the fact, that I had to get
it into the background myself...

This are not really "disadvantages", for the very most some minor
annoyances. Nothing to worry about.

guenther, thanks to you;  Evolution and Netscape now work together the way
that I want them to; I've created a shell script (yours); and not only was
my question answered, but I've learned a little more as well.  :-)

Glad I could help. And as you learned, you are prepared better to solve
your issues on your own (a lotta more fun ;) or even to answer questions
by others...

(OT: As I stated in a lecture some weeks ago: This is one great fact
about the communities: sharing and spreading knowledge to grow and get
better.)

...guenther