Re: [Evolution] Evolution won't start : configuration database not found

Evolution uses some mozilla libs that sometimes (dunno about sarge) get
installed into unusual directories.  There are build-time solutions to
this, but if you have packages for which that isn't the case, the best
solution is probably to add the directory where the mozilla libs are
found (e.g. /usr/lib/mozilla) to /etc/ld.so.conf and rerun
/sbin/ldconfig, after which you shouldn't have any more problems (until
you get a mozilla package that puts them somewhere else).

Running wombat in a terminal window is a good way to confirm this
diagnosis, BTW.

-Mark Gordon