Re: [Evolution] "Cannot access the Ximian Evolution shell"

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 16:00, Dmitry Gerasimov wrote:
Hello.

I compiled Evolution beta 1.3.2 with --enable-nss=no

When i try to run it (evolution-1.3) in the terminal I get this:

current config version is '1.3.0'
(Killing old version of Wombat...)

and then a message pops up saying "Cannot access the Ximian Evolution
shell." When I hit OK it exits.

I looked through the lists archive and found people facing the same kind
of problem. The solution was to get rid of Mozilla 1.3b. I had 1.3 final
release but still downgraded to 1.3a. Evolution still exits with the
same message.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to fix that?

It can't find the shell. Had the same problem.
Find where in your systhem you have GNOME_Evolution_Shell.server -file.
It should be in <installation prefix/lib/bonobo/servers

Then add it to bonobo's directory list by:
bonobo-activation-sysconf --add-directory=<the path to the diretory
containing the server-file>

That did it for me. Might be you have to restart gnome for that to take
effect, can't remember for sure.

Petri