Re: [Evolution] public holidays in evolutions calendar

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 16:31, Russell Fulton wrote:
On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 04:23, Ronald Kuetemeier wrote:
You can get calendars from, (read the list it was mentioned before):
http://www.apple.com/ical/library/

Click on more under holidays.
Pick the Country you need.
In Mozilla right click and open in new Window.
Click ok on the not supported protocal, i.e. webcal window.
Replace webcal in the navigation bar with http
Download
Install.

BTW. For a test create a new calendar in Evolution and import there
first, if it works import into the main calendar. This way if you have
to get rid of calendar data you can just delete the calendar and start
over, without ever risking your main calendar, or doing some major
cleanup.

I found this a better site http://www.icalshare.com/ it had files that I
could download, the apple site just had "subscribe" links and I'm not
sure what they do (anyone care to enlighten me or point to a good
reference to things ical).

I downloaded the NZ holidays file and then used the file|import tool and
added it to local|calendar but I can't seem any difference.  In
particular nothing shows for Friday being Easter.
Check the file you imported in an editor for the datum. Maybe it's not
what you think it is, or just a plain wrong calendar, always check
before you import into your main calendar, guess you know that by now.
For file info see:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2445.txt

Ronald

Cheers, Russell.