[Evolution] why am I asked for my passwd repeatedly?

Using redhat 9.0, evo 1.2.2.
Formerly I was using evo 1.2.X on a redhat 7.3 system.

Since I upgraded, I am often asked for my password for my imap account
(typically when I do a cntl-Y to file some mail in my inbox).

This never happened on my previous installation.  I set the password
once and told evo to remember it.  No problems.

Anyone have any ideas?  This is really irritating ...

-- Mike