Re: [Evolution] Character encoding specified in Content-Type field of outgoing messages

Hello,

guenther writes:

I actually like the present behaviour.

I suspect, Evo follows a slightly different logic:

  if ( subset_of( mail->body, ASCII ) )      // the difference
    send( mail, ASCII );
  else
    if (subset_of(  mail->body, preference->charset ) )
      send( mail, preferred->charset );
    else
      send( mail, guess_charset(mail->body) );

Of course, Dan, this one is for you. ;-)

I think it does so, and I think it should be doing so. At least it's
best for me...

Maybe it really should be a setting avvailable via the GUI :)

In fact, looks like the main think in Ximian Evolution is a lack of many
many configuration options. Word wrap, templates (including language),
defaults for creation of email while in different folders... And now
whether it should mark the message as plain 7bit ASCII when all
characters in it are 7bit ASCII.

(But, Evo is still a great product, thanks Ximian! I wish I could order
something just to support it, but from Russia it seems either impossible
or way too expensive).

--
Sincerely yours, Mikhail Ramendik