Re: [Evolution] Changelog

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 08:31, Mårten Woxberg wrote:
sön 2002-09-15 klockan 14.59 skrev Not Zed:
Check the NEWS file.

The relevent content of NEWS is also genreally posted to the lists at
release time.

Where can I find this file?
It should reside in my ~/evolution/ folder but....

no, it won't be in ~/evolution/ - it is a file in the source
distribution. As NotZed also said, changes are also mentioned in the
release notes when the release is made (a coopy of the message is always
sent to this list as well as several others). I believe it is also on
the website?

failing that, you can check it on http://cvs.gnome.org under
evolution/NEWS

The ChangeLog in the source is usually too detailed (and long) to be
much use.

I can understand that.. but I'd like to know why I should upgrade, what
it fixes etc.. and that should be easily accessible from Red-Carpet I
think.
<snip>

because it's too long :-)

if I recall correctly, a summary is provided in Red-Carpet if you click
on the "info" icon (circle with an 'i' in it).

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.