RE: [Evolution] Evolution crashes when attempting to saveattachment

Le mer 04/09/2002 à 15:39, Romain a écrit :
Hi all,

I've found something pretty interesting about the attachment "bug".
Reminder : when clicking the Save to Disk attachment menu-item, Evolution
would freeze, except when strace'ed or gdb'ed.

Today's news : I installed Ximian RedCarpet which comes with Evolution and
Gnome. While in Gnome, I opened the Gnome Control Center, and decided to
change the background image. When I clicked the Browse button, the same
dreaded freeze happened.

The problems seems to be related to Mandrake security utility msec. When
setting security level to anything below 4, everything's fine : Evolution
saves, and gnomecc browses... but "msec 4", and here are the freezes.

Ok, I'm seeing these problem here.. I'll investigate and make sure
Mandrake packages are fixed for Mdk 9.0 (and of course, I'll forward the
patches to relevent authors).. It is probably a problem with oaf, since
we have found a similar problem in ORBit2..

--
Frederic Crozat
MandrakeSoft