From: Jørn Christensen <mail mettle dk>
To: evolution ximian com
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Password lock
Date: 29 Oct 2002 20:36:42 +0100

Sent a mesage earlyere as a response to the first answer... It
apparently didn't made it to the list... trying again...

Answer to Jeffrey Stedfast:
k' - I just got the impression that some kind of local file was locked
and could not be read.

But I must say that this never happenend with outlook.
I have 4 accounts at the same provider. Could it by because outlook
retrieves one account after another whereas evolution retrieves all at
the same time?

Answer to Richard Bellavance:
One cause of this could be a very large mailbox (are you set with
"leave mail on server"?) on a very busy server.

Nope!

Sometimes the server will not have time to reset its state (i.e.
recopy your mailbox) before you try to read it again.  How often do
you check you mail ?

Not regular... from 5 to 10 minutes if I'm expecting urgent mail to once
in the huor...

Comment to Eric Lambart:
A retry button would probably not be a bad idea...

~Jørn Christensen