[Evolution] Cannot sync under new Kernel.

When I updated my Kernel, my sync capability with my Palm device
disappeared. When I boot under the old Kernel, I can sync no problem.

Here is my info:

I use a serial cradle (/dev/ttyS0) and have the permission to this
device set to 777.

I use Evolution 1.0.8 (updated to the beta and had some bad experiences,
so I went back to the version that was stable for me).

Evolution syncs fine under Kernel 2.4.7-10, but NOT AT ALL under
2.4.18-17-7x.

I run Red Hat 7.2. I recently did an up2date and that's where I got my
new Kernel. I also encountered problems under up2date downloading and
installing the following files:
  evolution 1.0.8-1.ximian.1
  gnome-pilot 0.1.65-1.ximian.2
  gnome-pilot conduits 0.9.1.ximian.1
  gnome-pilot conduits 1.4.7-1.ximian.1

The error message I receive under up2dates is that libpisock.so.4 is not
installed, but it is (in /usr/lib). I even did a rpm --force to get a
current version on my machine. Same error message.

Does anyone know what I'm missing here? What's the problem syncing under
the new kernel?

-Greg

--
This message sent to you through Ximian Evolution.
        ** My Penguin wears a Red Hat. **

Greg Kedrovsky
 - e-mail: greg iglesia-del-este com
 - e-mail (alt): gkedrovs racsa co cr