[Evolution] Messages in message list do not correspond to messages in nmh folder

Hello,

I was very pleased to discover recently that Evolution works with nmh
folders. However, after using it for a few days, I have run into a
problem. The entries in my message list point to the wrong messages.
That is, when I click on a message in a message list for an nmh folder,
the wrong message from that folder gets shown in the preview pane, saved
to a file, and so on. As far as I can tell, the problem does not arise
if no messages have been deleted from an nmh folder since Evolution has
seen the folder for the first time. (I am not sure if the problem arises
when messages in an nmh folder are deleted from within Evolution, from
within another email client, or both.) I am using Ximian Evolution 1.2.0
on a RedHat 7.3 system with an up-to-date Ximian Gnome installed.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem, and figured out how to correct
it? I presume Evolution is caching a list of messages in an nmh folder
and not properly updating it, but I have been unable to find the file
that the cache is kept in.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Alex

--
To make abstractions hold in reality is to destroy reality. -- Hegel