Re: [Evolution] Evolution Disrespects Gnome Default Browser Setting

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 21:37, Dan wrote:
I know this question has been asked before, but none of the answers
posted to date have helped me.

When I click on a link in Evolution (1.0.8-10), the browser that
invariably opens is Mozilla.  I'm running a clean, nothing fancy install
of Red Hat Linux 8.  Both KDE and Gnome are installed (and so is almost
everything else).  KDE is the desktop I prefer to use, and Konqueror is
the browser I prefer to use.

Steps I have taken thus far:

1. I have run "gnome-control-center", opened "Extras", opened "Preferred
Applications", and selected "Konqueror" on the Web Browser tab.

try gnomecc, as that is the gnome1 control centre. Evolution doesn't
know anything about your gnome2 preferences, it uses your gnome1
preferences (because, well, evolution is a gnome1 app).

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.