Re: [Evolution] CVS Evolution: Mac-like interface

On 23 May 2002, Not Zed wrote:

Ahah!  Yes that is exactly it.

You mac loving GUI designers please take note ... without the global
context-sensitive menu bar (which personally I think is a great idea,
AmigaOS had one too) you need to chuck on menu bars (and these days tool
bars) and other crap which clutter the ui, but is still necessary,
otherwise you end up with a non-functional app that is hard to use (even
if its 'simple').

This, I agree with.

However, Linux is not a well-integrated GUI OS.  I suppose the next best thing
would be for the main Evolution window to provide those global menu features to
all modules it launches.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, Helsinki, Finland.
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/