[Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] mailbox unavailable

On Mon, 2002-05-20 at 14:45, Bryan W. Clark wrote:
ok, so after some time spent scouring the archives i found out why after
saving messages in the outgoing folder and changing your outgoing mail
server requires a little hacking of the mbox file.  I had to delete the
X-Evolution-Transport header and then it sent just like it was supposed
to.

I was wondering why this was and there was a reply by someone regarding
the fact that Evolution needs to know which outgoing server to use.

Couldn't evolution just store the mail account identity, and then do a
look up on the accounts outgoing mail settings for the actual method
when I hit send?  This way I could change the outgoing server address
and the Outgoing message would automagically find the new one!

This is what it was supposed to do (you'll notice that it also saves an
X-Evolution-Account header). The problem was that it used the
X-Evolution-Transport header over the X-Evolution-Account header. The
priority order has ben reversed in the development branch for quite some
time now.

Jeff

I imagine this isn't a problem that comes up often, but it has concerned
me for the passed couple hours.

Thanks,

~ Bryan