re: [Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Scripting in evolution

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 18:07, Andy Cedilnik wrote:

You can do this with fetchmail. Then you use procmail to check for
certain messages and plays music and stuff. Then you use spam assassin
which filters spam out. Then you use a whole bunch of other programs to
do other stuff. Now let me know how will Joe Average do all this?

But Joe User is smart enough to write his own scripts?

Simplicity is great so long as it doesn't come at the expense of
security.  I'm not against giving a user enough rope to hang himself so
long as default configurations are safe.  See also the DontBlameSendmail
options in one's sendmail.cf.

Brian