Re: [Evolution] Problems in CVS - Known?

Oops.  I've been compiling gal, gtkhtml and evolution from CVS for so
long, I forgot that I had compiled soup from CVS also when that became a
dependency.  Just checked and noticed that I hadn't gotten a new
snapshot since Jan 18!  Off to retrieve and compile........

On Sat, 2002-03-23 at 20:46, iain wrote:
    > On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 18:58, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
    >     1) Evolution has become MUCH less stable.  It crashes/freezes quite
    >     regularly this last week or two (usually within 30 minutes).
    >
    > This is related to issue 3, it seems.  Whenever Evolution seems slow or
    > acting like it's going to crash, the executive-summary is eating a CPU.

    The crash is soup being bad.

    >     notice that it is using 99.8% of CPU.  Luckily I have two of them, so I
    >     can continue to work, and the other threads can continue (other than the
    >     aformentioned freezes).  Notice the CPU time allocated to the process
    >     after 17-18 minutes.
    >     >From PS:
    >     24476 ?        R     16:39 evolution-executive-summary
    >
    > It looks like it is in a hard loop.  Here is a snapshot of what was
    > shown when I attached to the pid using strace.  This series of output
    > repeats ad infinitum, with only the second number in the braces of
    > "gettimeofday" changing.

    Upgrade soup.

    iain
    --
    "Everybody thinks of changing humanity and nobody thinks of changing
    himself"