[Evolution] Palm sync - ecalender, eTodo list, and eAddress conduits fail to load

When I try to configuere the ecalender, eTodo list, and eAddress
conduits, they fail to load.  This also happens when I try to use
J-pilot.
I can backup my palmVx contents, but thats about it.  In Gnome control
center, under, *MISSINGNAME*/*MISSINGNAME* there are two items, one
called "Pilot Conduits" and the other called "pilot Link".

If I try to configure the settings for the above conduits - ie, address,
calender and todo list - an error message pops up "Unable to instantiate
EAddress conduit" (for example).  A similar thing happens with jpilot.
I am very new to linux, but am detirmined to stick with it.

If anyone knows of a library that I need to install - or uninstall - I'd
love to hear what/how/which.

Rob

PS:
Most of the time the Pilot Conduits option (in Gnome control center)
displays the conduit list (Backup, EAddres...etc), but sometimes it
doesn't show that, but instead displays the contents of the Pilot Link
section instead!