Re: [Evolution] LDAP autocomplete ...

On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 13:59, Yatin Chawathe wrote:
On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 13:50, Yatin Chawathe wrote:
Chris,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I do have an openldap server.  I installed it on my RedHat 7.2 system
using the RPM package shipped by RedHat.  I checked my configuration, it
had subinitial indices for cn and mail.  I turned on sub indices for cn
and displayName.  However, I still see quite long latencies.  After I
type in the substring/prefix, it takes anywhere between 6-15 seconds for
the window with expanded names to pop up.  While I am waiting, there is
no indication whether the LDAP server already returned a null result for
the query, or whether the query is still in progress.

P.S. On the same machine (as my evo client), if I try using ldapsearch
to resolve these names, it takes less than a second.  Granted that the
ldapsearch command that I issued does only a single query (cn=*foo* or
mail=foo*), but it indicates that the actual query resolution seems to
not take as long as the total time that evo takes.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure more is going on with the completion code..  I'll
take a look - we also need to have it give status about queries in
progress.

Chris